- PHPStorm is a nice ( but not free ) IDE and we decided to use it in our development environment.
- Installs nicely in Windows and Mac.
- However, Ubuntu 11.10 is the problem as it does not have SUN JDK by default.
- Ubuntu 11.10
- PHPStorm 3
- PHPStorm only runs on SUN JDK ( and not openjdk that comes default with Ubuntu 11.10 )
- We need to install SUN JDK and then update java alternatives
- See my post on how to install SUN JDK http://naveensnayak.wordpress.com/2012/02/12/install-latest-sun-jdk-on-ubuntu-11-10/
- After installing SUN JDK – just go to PHPStorm/bin and run the PhpStorm.sh